Friday, April 13, 2012

Wyatt Nathaniel


Of course, I just HAD to make a pendant for my very dear beautiful friend Danielle!!  What kind of friend would I be if I hadn't??  I met Danielle shortly after I lost Noah  and she lost Wyatt.  We starting talking and became fast friends.  We have even been able to actually meet in person and she and I have visited each other on and off since.

Wyatt was diagnosed in utero at 18 weeks with Thanataphoric Dysplasia which is a lethal form of dwarfism.  He lived an amazing 2 minutes after his birth and I know his mom cherishes those 2 minutes more than anything.  She is actually trying to fight to get Wyatt a birth certificate.  Legally, he was declared stillborn but he took a breath, a few actually, and lived for 2 minutes outside the womb.  That is NOT stillborn by its very definition.  But in Tennessee it is stated as such:  "Heartbeats shall be distinguished from transient cardiac contraction, and respirations shall be distinguished from fleeting respiratory efforts or gasps..."

Danielle is fighting to have the wording changed thusly:  "Each product of such a birth is considered live born and fully recognized as a human person under Maine (change to Tennessee) Law"  Hopefully, Tennessee legislation will one day change their definition of still birth.

You can read all about Wyatt and his family here:  Letting Go and Letting God

No comments:

Post a Comment