Sunday, April 1, 2012

Grayson James


Grayson's mom Ashlee had this to share about Grayson:  

I found out at 18 weeks pregnant that my precious baby boy was considered in compatible with life.. He was diagnosed with Trisomy 13 its a chromosomes defect that effect each and every cell in his body.. No matter what the doctors said he was still my baby and he would grow his wings when he was ready.. Grayson beat so many odds during the next 4 months. Grayson had Spinal bifida, VSD heart, and an omphalocele all related to the trisomy 13. There were things one doctor would tell us he had and others that would tell us he didn't have.. We were given no hope for our angel to survive. I was induced at 37 weeks. We were also told with his defects that he could pass during birth ( but we were also told he "could" pass during my pregnancy and he didn't) we choose to not have his heart monitored continuously bc I didn't want to panic anymore than I already was during delivery.. Grayson was born at 6:55pm January 27th, he was not crying but he WAS breathing <3.. Grayson blessed us with 7.5 amazing hours.. He touched so many peoples hearts. He has made so many people aware of what Trisomy is and for them to not take things for granted..He Is my hero I have never been more proud of someone in my entire life! He truly is an angel and one of the best gifts that was ever given to me! You can follow our Journey from the beginning on his page "Hope For Grayson"

No comments:

Post a Comment