Friday, March 16, 2012

Carleigh McKenna


I met Carleigh's mom Holly within a week of getting Noah's diagnosis.  She and I unfortunately got our sad news on the same day and both of us sought solace through two different Yahoo Groups - one called Anencephaly Support and Anencephaly Angels From Above.  Both are closed groups in which you have to request to join.  I am not sure that these groups are still as active but they were wonderful resources for the newly diagnosed on to someone years into the journey.  Many have since gravitated toward Facebook and the groups available there.  Two that we are members of that are also wonderful are the Anencephalie Info group and the Anencephaly Angels group.  For myself anyway, the Facebook groups are more easily accessible since I am on Facebook fairly frequently anyway.

Holly has been and continues to be a wonderful friend and is an amazing woman!  I would love for you to read more about Holly and her beautiful daughter Carleigh at her blog Caring for Carleigh.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the pendant Celia! And both yahoo groups are currently still active!

    ReplyDelete